Khopra Danda Trek
Khopra Danda is a rising destination which is gaining much popularity for its off the beaten path feature. This trek offers a spectacular Himalayan view and rewards the trekkers with an opportunity to visit several ancient villages where we can see the different ethnic groups people like Gurungs, Magars, Brahmins, Chhetris & Dalits.
- Great views of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range.
- Visit Ghorepani village and enjoy morning hike to the Poonhill.
- Enjoy off the beaten path fo the Khopra Ridge with comparatively less crowd on the trail.
- Opportunity to dip in Hot Spring at Tatopani which is believed to be the cure for many illnesses.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Welcome to Kathmandu. You will be received by one of our office representatives at the TIA exit section and escort you to your hotel afterward.
Depending on your arrival time, you will have the chance to stroll around the places nearby your hotel on your own.
Day 02: Permits preparation and trip briefing day.
Today you will have a free day in Kathmandu while your specialist will take time to arrange permits for your trek. You will have time to explore around the Kathmandu valley on your own or enjoy the cultural tour with an experienced tour guide arranged by Trek Guiders.
In the evening, you will be met by your specialist in your hotel lobby. S/he will introduce you to your guide for the trek and brief you shortly about your trek, things to do/ not to do, and any optional activities you may enjoy during the trip. You can ask any queries or share feelings with your specialist during the briefing.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Enjoy your breakfast at your hotel and ask your hotel manager to safe-keep your luggage in the hotel store if you are planning to return to the same hotel again after the trek. Then starting off with a drive to Pokhara with your trekking crew, you will reach your destination in approximately 6 - 7 hours.
Upon reaching Pokhara, check in to your hotel and have some rest. The evening is free to stroll around the Lakeside market or the bank of Phewa Lake.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1010m). Trek to Tikhedhunga (1570m)
Depending on your scheduled flight time, you will be picked up from your Kathmandu hotel for transfer to the domestic airport terminal at TIA, Kathmandu. Pokhara is located 200km west of Kathmandu and the flight will take approximately half an hour to take you to Pokhara.
Upon reaching Pokhara, you will be directly driving to the trek starting point, Nayapul, from where you will be walking uphill up to Tikhedhunga. While you will be walking towards your day destination, you will get to pass through many small villages of Birethanti and Hile. Small waterfalls on the way will grab your attention for a nice picture click.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 05: Trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2840m)
Today you will have steep uphill stone steps (3767 steps) climb for around 1.5 hours up to Ulleri. The trail passes through cultivated fields and forest of Oak trees and Rhododendron (weather dependent). After having lunch at Nangethanti, you may rest for about an hour for some relaxation and pictures. Afterward, start climbing uphill again until you reach Ghorepani.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 06: Trek from Ghorepani to Swanta Village (2200m). Sunrise from Poonhill (3210m)
Today, you will need to wake up pretty early in the morning for approximately an hour hike up to Poonhill (referred to as Poon Danda in Nepali) from where the spectacular sunrise view can be seen. It's amazing to see the golden ray of sunlight touching the snow-covered peaks of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Fishtail, Nilgiri South, and Singa Chuli to name some peaks. Enjoy a cup of local tea while the sun rises high. You’ll then return to Ghorepani for breakfast.
While on Poon Hill, look north and you’ll see a ridge rising up from the valley below. This is Khopra Danda (the ridge of Khopra), your next destination. After breakfast, you’ll descend down into the valley of Swanta Village below Ghorepani after crossing a suspension bridge.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 07: Trek from Swanta to Khopra Danda (3708m)
After breakfast in Swanta village, you will start walking passing through a lush forest, enjoying the views of local children going to their school. After a few hours of a gradual climb up the hill, you will reach the ridge of Khopra. Upon reaching Khopra, you will be rewarded with the great view of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and Annapurna South. Enjoy the sunset view from here.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 08: Trek from Khopra to Tatopani (1190).
Enjoy the mesmerizing sunrise view from Khopra Danda with Mt. Dhaulagiri and Annapurna catching the first ray of the light. Afterward, the trail will begin down to a local village named Pauduwar where the lodges and food are pretty basic. Stop for lunch at Pauduwar.
Continuing your trek down, you will reach Tatopani which is famous for its name which means Hot Water in Nepal. As the name says, you will find hot spring here where you can soak your muscles to relax them after all the long walks you have concluded.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 09: Drive from Tatopani to Pokhara.
After breakfast in Tatopani, you will be picked up by a private 4WD vehicle for the drive back to Pokhara. Passing through the local village of Beni, you will reach Nayapul, which was your earlier trek starting point. After around 1 hour of further driving, you will reach Pokhara.
Upon reaching Pokhara, and finishing the hotel check-in procedures, the day is all yours to spend on your own way. You may walk out to stroll around the Pokhara Lakeside market to make some handicrafts purchases or enjoy 1 hour Phewa Lake boating. Enjoy dinner in one of some great cafes/ restaurants in the Lakeside market.
Day 10: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
You will be picked up by a private vehicle after your breakfast for the drive back to Kathmandu. Following the same route of Prithivi Highway and enjoying the scenic vistas, you will reach Kathmandu in around 6 - 7 hours. You will be directly escorted to your hotel in Kathmandu. The evening is free for some last-minute shopping or relaxation.
Day 11: Depart Kathmandu.
You will be picked up from your hotel 3.5 hours prior to your international flight time by one of our office representatives to escort you to the TIA. Trip concludes !!
Commencing this trip
With a short flight of half an hour or 6 hours long drive, you will get to reach Pokhara from where the trip is commenced. With around one and a half drive to Nayapul, the trek starts off following the trail of the Ghorepani trek route. On the third day of your trek, you will get to visit the Poon Hill which is quite famous among the trekkers for the stunning sunrise view. Further trekkings to Khopra Danda will give you a breathtaking feeling of nature around. If you are a fan of off the beaten trips, this trek can be the right choice for you.
Best time to do this trip
For clear skies above the head and clear landscape visibility, spring and autumn time would be the best time to visit this place. Springtime will welcome the trekkers with blooming Rhododendrons whereas Autumn time will have clear mountain visibility with the clear sky.
What is included?
- 3 nights accommodation in 3-star Kathmandu Hotel with Breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star Pokhara Hotel with Breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- 5 nights accommodation in standard tea house during the trek on full board twin sharing basis (breakfast, lunch, and dinner with tea/ coffee)
- 2 International Airport transfers in a private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and return transfers in a private vehicle.
- ACAP and TIMS permit required for the trek.
- Pokhara - Nayapul and Tatopani - Pokhara transfers in a private vehicle.
- English speaking local expert guide and porter on the trek.
- Equipment allowances, salary, and insurance for trekking staff.
- Kitbags/ duffle bag for the trek.
- First aid kit with basic supplies for staff.
- All government taxes.
What is not included?
- Single room supplement charges for city hotels.
- Lunches and Dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Lunches during Kathmandu to Pokhara and return surface transfer.
- Additional airport transfers besides mentioned in the 'included' section.
- Soft Drinks, Cigarettes, and soft/hard beverages like Coke, Beer, etc.
- Any sort of guided/ unguided city tours and transfers for the same.
- Entrance fees for heritage sites, monasteries, and museums (if any).
- Hot shower and hot drinking water during the trek.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International airfares.
- Your personal trekking gears and equipment like the sleeping bag, trekking poles, down jackets, etc.
- Personal nature expenses related to the phone, wifi, gadget charging, laundry, gratitude/ Tips, snack expenses, extra meals, etc.
- Your insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if any.
- Any items not mentioned in "Service included section"
Important points to be noted:
- The mentioned trip price is per person price quoted for an open trek* based on 5 travelers group. The trip price will vary depending on the final size of the group. The trip price for a customized private trip arrangement may alter.
- The Single Room Supplement charge will be USD 150.00 net for the traveler willing to use a single room for 5 nights stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotel.
- Single rooms will not be available in the tea houses during the trek due to the limited number of lodges on the trail.
- Depending on time availability or budget, travelers can opt for either tourist bus transport or domestic flight transfer for Kathmandu - Pokhara and return transport on a revised trip price without affecting the actual trek departing date.
- An assistant trek guide will be provided to the group above 5 travelers.
* Open trek refers to the trek opened for all interested travelers from around the world to join.