Chulu East Peak Climbing
Chulu East Peak, located in the Manang Valley of Annapurna Region is the central peak that lies in between Chulu West and Chulu Far-East peaks. This peak is a straight forward peak which demands a good level of skill, experience, and stamina in the climbers before proceeding the summit.
Rewarding views of great massive Annapurna II, III, and IV along with Tilicho Peak, Gangapurna, Manaslu and Dhaulagiri is the main highlights seen from the top of Chulu East Peak.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu. Permits preparation day.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (760m) OR up to Khudi (890m).
Day 04: Drive to Chame (2630m).
Day 05: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3190m).
Day 06: Trek from Pisang to Ngawal village (3660m).
Day 07: Trek from Ngawal village to Yak Kharka.
Day 08: Trek from Yak Kharka to Chulu East BC (5140m).
Day 09: Rest day at Base Camp.
Day 10: Trek from Chulu Ease BC to High Camp.
Day 11: Trek from High Camp to Camp 1 (5300m).
Day 12: Summit Chulu East Peak (6584m) and return back to the Base Camp.
Day 13: Extra day for weather contingency.
Day 14: Trek from Base Camp to Manang (3520m).
Day 15: Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (4010m).
Day 16: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorung Phedi (4450m).
Day 17: Trek from Thorung Phedi to Muktinath (3800m) via Thorung La Pass (5416m).
Day 18: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2710m).
Day 19: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara.
Day 20: Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Day 21: Depart Kathmandu.
Commencing this trip
This trip follows the route of Annapurna Circuit Trail. You will drive up to Chame with extra overnight at Besisahar / Khudi a day before. The trail follows the Annapurna Circuit route until you reach Pisang village. Afterward, the trail diverts towards Ngawal village and continues towards a point where the route to Chulu East and Chulu Far East separates. You will cross Chulu Central and continue towards Chulu East Base Camp. With spending days at High Camp and Camp 1, you will summit Chulu East Peak and return back to Manang.
Continue the trail towards Thorung Phedi, you will cross the Thorung La Pass towards Muktinath and Jomsom. From here you will have flight back to Pokhara concluding your trek.
What is included?
- 3 nights accommodation at Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on twin share basis.
- 1 night accommodation at Hotel in Pokhara with breakfast on twin share basis.
- KTM – Besisahar - Chame Jeep fare
- Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu airfares with domestic airport transfers in private vehicle.
- 2 International Airport transfers in private vehicle.
- 9 days tea house trek and 7 days camping on full board basis (Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner with tea/coffee).
- Experienced English speaking trek guide, cook and Porters on the trek.
- Experienced Climbing Sherpa for peak climbing.
- All necessary trek and peak permits.
- All necessary camping tents and kitchen equipments.
- Satellite phone for emergency communication.
- 1 Oxygen and 1 regulator mask for emergency during high altitude climbing.
- Guide’s airfare.
- Equipment, clothing, salary, and insurance for trek staffs.
- Equipment allowance for Climbing Sherpa.
- First Aid Kit for staffs.
- Duffle bags.
- All government taxes.
What is not included?
- Lunches and Dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Cigarettes, Soft Drinks and Alcoholic beverages like Coke, Beer, etc.
- Entrance fees for monasteries and museum
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Hot shower and hot drinking water during the trek.
- Your personal trekking gears and equipment including climbing gears like ice ax, crampons, gaiters, etc.
- Refundable Garbage deposit fee of USD 500.00 (to be managed by Trek Guiders)
- Personal nature expenses related to the phone, wifi, gadget charging, laundry, tips/ gratitude, etc.
- Any extra days stay besides mentioned in the trip plan.
- Your insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if any.
- Any items not mentioned in "Service included section"
Important points to be noted:
- The mentioned trip price is per person price for an open trek* basis. The trip price will vary depending on the final size of the group.
- The Single Room Supplement charge will be USD 120.00 net for the traveler willing to use a single room for 5 nights stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotel.
- Single rooms will not be available in the tea houses during the trek due to the limited number of lodges on the trail.
- Depending on time availability or budget, travelers can opt for either tourist bus transport or domestic flights for Pokhara to Kathmandu transport on a revised trip price without affecting the actual trek departing date.
*Open trek refers to the trek opened for all interested travelers from around the world to join.