Ghandruk Village, located at the North West side of Pokhara, is home to local Gurung community people. This village is rich in culture and the views seen from this village attracts anyone to its doorsteps. Considered to be the gateway to the Annapurna Base Camp trek, this place is visited by most travelers following the trail of Ghorepani Poonhill, Khopra Danda, or Annapurna Base Camp year round.
- Best trek for travelers having a short stay in Nepal.
- Great panoramic views of mountains of Annapurna region.
- Experience of local Gurung Culture with a chance to visit the Gurung Museum.
- A chance to wear Gurung costume for a nice picture as a memory of Ghandruk.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Welcome to Kathmandu. You will be received by one of our office representatives at the TIA exit section and escort you to your hotel afterward.
Depending on your arrival time, you will have the chance to stroll around the places nearby your hotel on your own.
Day 02: Permits preparation and trip briefing day.
Today you will have a free day in Kathmandu while your specialist will take time to arrange permits for your trek. You will have time to explore around the Kathmandu valley on your own or enjoy the cultural tour with an experienced tour guide arranged by Trek Guiders.
In the evening, you will be met by your specialist in your hotel lobby. S/he will introduce you to your guide for the trek and brief you shortly about your trek, things to do/ not to do, and any optional activities you may enjoy during the trip. You can ask any queries or share feelings with your specialist during the briefing.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Enjoy your breakfast at your hotel and ask your hotel manager to safe-keep your luggage in the hotel store if you are planning to return to the same hotel again after the trek. Then starting off with a drive to Pokhara with your trekking crew, you will reach your destination in approximately 6 - 7 hours.
Upon reaching Pokhara, check in to your hotel and have some rest. The evening is free to stroll around the Lakeside market or the bank of Phewa Lake.
Day 04: Drive to Phedi (1130m). Trek to Pothana (1860m)
After breakfast in your hotel, you will be picked up by your guide in the hotel lobby and in a pre-arranged private vehicle start the trip with a drive to Phedi, from where the trek begins. Praising the fantastic views of the mountains, ascend along the ridge to Dhampus. Take some time to capture the magnificent views of Fishtail and Annapurna after you have your lunch here. Continue some further walk to reach Pothana, where you will be staying overnight.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 05: Trek from Pothana to Landruk (1565m)
Today is another short walk day. After you are done with your breakfast at Pothana, start walking along the ridge to Deurali village. From here you will descend through the lush forest of Rhododendron with the melodious chattering of birds to the small villages of Tolka and Bheri Kharka. The trail from here still descends through more scattered forests and villages finally reaching Landruk. Enjoy your rest of the day in relaxation.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 06: Trek from Landruk to Ghandruk (2010m)
Today, the trail will have a steep descend at first towards Modi river for an hour and afterward, you will ascend steep climb for about 2 - 3 hours through the scattered villages before reaching a beautiful Gurung village of Ghandruk. From here, you will get good views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna, and other snow-capped mountains.
After lunch, get some time to visit the local Gurung museum, a house of ancient artifacts and tools used by Gurung community people during ancient times. Also get dressed in local Gurung costume for a photograph if you are interested. If time permits, visit the Annapurna Mountain Conservation Area Project (ACAP) headquarters too.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 07: Trek from Ghandruk to Kimche (1640m) and drive to Pokhara.
After enjoying a heartwarming sunrise from Ghandruk and finishing your breakfast, descend down from Ghandruk to Syauli Bazar for around two hours. Following the Modi Khola, you will have an easy walk up to Kimche where you will find your vehicle waiting for your return to Pokhara. Upon reaching Pokhara, check-in at your hotel and leave your luggage. The rest of the time is free to relax or take a walk around Pokhara city.
Day 08 : Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
You will be picked up by a private vehicle after your breakfast for drive back to Kathmandu. Following the same route of Prithivi Highway and enjoying the scenic vistas, you will reach Kathmandu in around 6 - 7 hours. You will be directly escorted to your hotel in Kathmandu. The evening is free for some last-minute shopping or relaxation.
Day 09: Depart Kathmandu.
You will be picked up from your hotel 3.5 hours prior to your international flight time by one of our office representatives to escort you to the TIA. Trip concludes !!
Commencing this trip
This short trek starts from Pokhara. Pokhara can be reached from Kathmandu either by flight (30 minutes) or via surface transfer depending on your time availability, budget, or interest. Starting from Phedi, which is around 1-hour driving distance from Pokhara, you will reach Ghandruk on the third day of your trek enjoying the spectacular landscape views and panoramic views of the Himalayas. Since the per day walking duration will be of around 3 - 4 hours, you will have enough time to rest, take pictures and enjoy nature.
Best time to do this trip
Ghandruk trek reaches the maximum altitude of 2010m only. Hence, this trip can be done year around as there are no big hurdles on the trail. But it's best suggested to commence this trip during the suggested months of Spring and Autumn. These two seasons will have clear weather for the best views of the Himalayas and landscapes. Trekking to Ghandruk during monsoon is also possible but be prepared to walk in wet boots with a raincoat on.
What is included?
- 3 nights accommodation in 3-star Kathmandu Hotel with Breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star Pokhara Hotel with Breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- 3 nights accommodation in standard tea house during the trek on full board twin sharing basis (breakfast, lunch, and dinner with tea/ coffee)
- 2 International Airport transfers in a private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and return transfers in a private vehicle.
- ACAP and TIMS permit required for the trek.
- Pokhara - Phedi and Kimche - Pokhara transfers in a private vehicle.
- English speaking local expert guide and porter on the trek
- Equipment allowances, salary, and insurance for trekking staff.
- Kitbags/ duffle bag for the trek.
- First aid kit with basic supplies for staff.
- All government taxes.
What is not included?
- Single room supplement charges for city hotels.
- Lunches and Dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Lunches during Kathmandu to Pokhara and return surface transfer.
- Additional airport transfers besides mentioned in the 'included' section.
- Soft Drinks, Cigarettes, and soft/hard beverages like Coke, Beer, etc.
- Any sort of guided/ unguided city tours and transfers for the same.
- Entrance fees for heritage sites, monasteries, and museums (if any).
- Hot shower and hot drinking water during the trek.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International airfares.
- Your personal trekking gears and equipment like the sleeping bag, trekking poles, down jackets, etc.
- Personal nature expenses related to the phone, wifi, gadget charging, laundry, gratitude/ Tips, snack expenses, extra meals, etc.
- Your insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if any.
- Any items not mentioned in "Service included section"
Important points to be noted:
- The mentioned trip price is per person price quoted for an open trek* based on 5 travelers group. The trip price will vary depending on the final size of the group. The trip price for a customized private trip arrangement may alter.
- The Single Room Supplement charge will be USD 150.00 net for the traveler willing to use a single room for 5 nights stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara Hotel.
- Single rooms will not be available in the tea houses during the trek due to the limited number of lodges on the trail.
- Depending on time availability or budget, travelers can opt for either tourist bus transport or domestic flight transfer for Kathmandu - Pokhara and return transport on a revised trip price without affecting the actual trek departing date.
- An assistant trek guide will be provided to the group above 5 travelers.
* Open trek refers to the trek opened for all interested travelers from around the world to join.